FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
services - FAQ
Please click on the first two links below. These PDF documents need to be printed and provided to me prior to the property photos begin.
Client Agreement: It says you are familiar with our policies, fees, and expectations of conduct of both parties.
Property Release: It says that the owner of a certain property, such as a house or condo, has given us consent to take and use images of their property. The client is responsible for obtaining this agreement signed by the owner of the property, or their management company.
Model Release: A signed model release is needed only if the photos contain a recognizable person. This agreement says the subject being photographed has given consent and understands their rights as a model.
- The photo shoot will take no more than 2 hours. I will be photographing both the inside and outside (unless you are requesting an interior only) of your home, including all of the major rooms. I normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features.
- If you have special features of your home that are not obvious, please let me know about these so I can include them in the shoot.
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Remove all vehicles from driveways and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage cans so they cannot be seen from the street.
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
- Mow and rake yard.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Clear off countertops in kitchen and bathroom areas.
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
- Turn on all interior lights.
- Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished. They do not photograph well.
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms. Make sure all clothes are hung up, or put out of sight.
- Remove piles of newspapers and magazines.
- Tuck all indoor trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard.
- Let me know if your home contains valuable works of art. I can edit photos to make these items unrecognizable.
I employ a number of shooting techniques depending on the client's needs: exposure blending, HDR, wireless flash, and light painting with multiple exposures.
Let me start with the most critical tool for a real estate photographer: the lens. I use Canon tilt-shift lenses (TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II). Tilt-shift lenses help avoid converging vertical lines such as wall edges and door frames leaning in or out. These lenses provide the widest possible image that is architecturally correct. That's why it's considered the standard for real estate and architecture photos around-the-World.
What other gear do I use? I use Canon 5DSR 50mp high-resolution cameras, Profoto off-camera studio strobes, Really Right Stuff carbon fiber tripods, CamRanger Mini Wireless Camera Controls, Pelican Cases to protect the gear in transport.
Photo Guy is a fully licensed, insured and FAA certificated UAV Part 107 Operator.
In addition, I hold an FAA Commercial Pilots License and an Airline Transport Pilot License with 30 years of flying experience. I know who to call for approvals and permits, so you're in good hands.
Pricing - FAQ
- PRICING: On the pricing page pick your package and determine which extras that you would like.
- BOOK NOW: This is so we know if the date and time will work for the both of us.
- PAYMENT: Once you are confirmed, to hold the agreed to appointment, you will need to take care of the payment on this page.
- Before the appointment, please print and sign our agreement.
- LOGIN: After the shoot, you will receive a password via email. The Login page will provide you access to your fully paid images.
If you are the agent who originally hired Photo Guy, you may reuse the Photo Guy content that is less than a year old. If the content is more than a year old, or you are not the agent who originally hired Photoguy, we ask that you contact us for a re-shoot.
Note: It is a violation of copyright to use
Photo Guy content without permission from us. Also, using such content without permission from the agent who originally purchased it may violate other regulations, such as those established by RESPA, NAR, your local or state Realtors association, or your local MLS.
Yes we will edit your images with Photoshop. All Photo Guy shoots include basic image editing such as color correction, cropping, and alignment. We call this "Basic selection correction". Additional editing is available for $19 per photo to fix the the sky or grass color, maybe remove a garbage can, etc.
Please note that we are unable to make significant alterations to the property or to permanent fixtures of the surrounding area (such as paint colors, cracks or stains, landscaping, or power lines), as this would violate industry standards for photo editing.
When we meet for the photos, you can pay with a credit card. Or you can also securely send payments to me via Zelle or PayPal using only an email address or mobile number. Cash is king, as you know, so that is fine too.
I do not accept personal or business checks.
I understand where you are coming from, but I will need to be paid in full before I start your photography.
Absolutely, but I doubt you'll ever want that. As a matter of fact, I'm positive!
You will be a part of the photography process. I'm going to hand you an iPad that is wirelessly connected to my cameras. You will see the shots as they are created. If you feel that you need a different angle, just say so and we will have the best possible outcome; as a team.
You may cancel or reschedule your shoot free of charge up to 24 hours before the appointment time. Shoots cancelled or rescheduled less than 24 hours before the appointment time will incur a fee of $35. Shoots cancelled or rescheduled within 4 business hours of the appointment time will incur a fee equal to 50% of the shoot cost.
No. Photo Guy is the owner and copyright holder of all photos and video created for your shoot.
However, we do grant very generous usage terms. You are welcome to use your photos and video for an unlimited time, in any medium, to promote the listing or your real estate business.
Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Video and 3D offer a much more immersive experience that makes slideshows unnecessary. For this reason, we do not offer photo slideshows as a product.
We have full schedules and must begin their shoots promptly upon arrival. Please verify that your listing is completely ready before your scheduled appointment time. If we arrive and are unable to begin the shoot promptly (e.g., due to lack of access, house not staged, people other than the agent on site, unsecured pets), there will be a fee equal to 50% of the shoot cost to reschedule or cancel.
Please allow time based on the following guidelines:
- Approximately 45 minutes per 1,000 sq. ft. for video and photos.
- Approximately 1 hour per 1,000 sq. ft. for 3D only.
- Approximately 1.5 hours per 1,000 sq. ft. for video, 3D, and photos.